As Data analyst planning and forecasting you help companies make better forecasting, planning and inventory management decisions, based on quantitative analysis and models. You are a creative mind with a passion for planning, both the technology and the reality of business. You are keen to translate data science outcomes into business impact.
Your role as Data analyst planning and forecasting
In your work, you deal with the three pillars of applied analytics: data engineering, model development and storytelling (presenting and visualizing results in an insightful, compelling, and narrative way). You keep a sharp analytical eye on both the business challenges and the hard data science.
Your activities are a mix between shorter customer projects (4-6 weeks), internal developments, and longer ‘interim’ activities (3-6 months) at selected customers. This provides unique opportunities to learn about and work with the latest data science insights around forecasting, inventory management, and other aspects of planning, as well as great experiences being immersed in the reality of business.
At EyeOn you will work with the latest techniques, solutions and insights in the field of planning and forecasting. As believers in the future where data is the core and most decisions are made by machines, we are constantly developing ourselves and the techniques and methods we work with. We challenge you to do the same.
Your primary work location will be at our customer locations and our office in Aarle-Rixtel, where our forecasting & planning knowledge center is located.
- Translating planning challenges into data science solutions;
- In interim projects, helping customers with their challenges in any way needed, creating ad-hoc analyses, providing insightful dashboards, developing their in-house data science knowledge, etc.
- Contribute to the innovative power of EyeOn by running applied analytics lab projects;
- Raising the expertise of EyeOn colleagues in the area of applied analytics.
- A completed university education and master degree in operations research, data science, econometrics, mathematics or similar;
- Relevant experience in or affinity with supply chain planning and forecasting processes;
- You enjoy translating complex practical problems into mathematical models;
- Experience with programming, preferably in Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scipy, Scikit-learn);
- Experience with processing and analyzing data (eg. SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kubernetes) is a plus;
- Knowledge of, and experience with typical data science techniques, eg. time series, regression, classification, clustering, math programming, simulation, etc.
- EU-working permit
EyeOn Data Science
In EyeOn Data Science we’re the best at helping our customers do better supply chain planning through data science. We make sure we stay the best by working together as a team, and by learning new things from each other and through our customer projects.
We’re a young team with a passion for data science, using tools such as Dataiku, Python (pandas, numpy), Spark, PowerBI, Tableau, Jira, Bitbucket, and more. We are creative minds with a fascination for data. We believe in the digital transformation and a data-driven future.
Why work for EyeOn?
- A great place to work in a no-nonsense environment: you will work with colleagues that have absolute passion for supply chain planning and data science;
- Employee autonomy: you decide how you schedule your agenda, your work and where you work from;
- A healthy work/life balance: at EyeOn your private life is equally – if not more – important as your work;
- At EyeOn you create a tailored personal development program, together with your own coach. Your training is any combination of on-the-job, standard trainings with colleagues, and external trainings specific to your development ambitions;
- When you work from our Aarle-Rixtel office, lunch is provided and that’s a great place to meet your colleagues from other teams;
- Public transportation business card, laptop, phone, reimbursement of expenses
An individual assessment is part of our selection procedure
For more information about applying, please contact Inge Loog at email@example.com or call +31 (0)6 1981 6055
In striving for success, large companies have a continuous struggle with growing internal complexity. We help our clients manage this complexity by designing, implementing and executing excellent planning processes in combination with applying advanced data science techniques. We firmly believe that the combination of in-depth knowledge about the industry and cutting-edge knowledge about data science techniques lead to optimal results.